Director, IT Business Partner - G&A Systems
With deep expertise in chemistry, Nuvalent is working to create selective medicines designed with the goal to address the needs of patients with cancer. Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company, bringing together experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company building.
In this newly created role reporting to the Vice President, Information Technology, Nuvalent is seeking a seasoned IT Business Partner – General & Administrative (G&A) Systems. This individual is familiar with leading a skilled IT team in implementing IT solutions across the pharmaceutical G&A space. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the Finance/Accounting, Operations, Legal, HR, Corporate and Business Development, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations teams to help identify, design, and support critical business applications at Nuvalent.
- Lead and manage the support of key IT applications for the G&A
- Lead project lifecycle activities such as planning, requirement gathering, design, build, testing, implementation and post-implementation support of G&A
- Act as the IT liaison between internal business partners and outside vendors.
- Ensure all SOX in-scope systems are maintained in compliance with Nuvalent IT general controls and appropriate SEC requirements
- Serve as support for SOX related audits in conjunction with Finance and IT Security and Compliance
- Responsible for all change control activities for G&A
- Lead business stakeholders through the Business Analysis life cycle
- Identify and promote new platform features and drive adoption.
- Provide technical expertise on integration technologies such as APIs, Web Services and ETL to simplify our system landscape and enhance user experience.
- Ensure all service SLAs are met by developing strong partnerships with service providers.
- Assist in development and maintenance of the Nuvalent Project Management and Business Program
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Flexibility with changing priorities, ability to work well under pressure, and ability to assume responsibility for unfamiliar tasks is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a context and style that resonates with end users is required.
- Ability to strategically plan, organize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to meet deadlines is required.
- Some off-hours or evening work may be required.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in information technology/business solutions or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience leading technology driven transformations.
- A minimum of three (3) years hands-on technical Netsuite experience required. Ideal candidates will have experience performing Netsuite customizations (SuiteScript, workflows, etc.) and supervising Netsuite consulting developers.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience with Agiloft contract management system and Paylocity HRIS desired.
- Experience in development of Interfaces/Integration between Netsuite and other systems, such as Agiloft, Paylocity, and OKTA.
- Experience with SDLC change control processes.
- Experience with the implementation and management of cloud/SaaS systems.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and an understanding of G&A functions in this environment.
- Skilled in business Certification in Business Analysis (ex. PMI-PBA) desirable.
- Experience in Project Management. A minimum of three (3) years experience with Smartsheet as a project management system. PMP certification desirable.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively in a WFH environment using self-management principles.
Nuvalent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nuvalent is aware that many companies are dealing with fraudulent job postings on third-party employment search sites and/or individual(s) or entities claiming to be employees of such companies. Those involved are offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants, often asking for sensitive personal and financial information, and using such information for criminal activities.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Nuvalent employee will come from "@nuvalent.com" email accounts. Automated system response emails from our Greenhouse applicant tracking system come from a “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. There are no variations of these email addresses and Nuvalent would not request personal and/or financial information via email. Job opportunities would only be extended after a completed job application is submitted by a candidate and a thorough interview process including 1:1 and/or group interviews via phone, video conferencing and/or in-person.
If you believe you have been contacted by anyone misrepresenting themselves as an employee of Nuvalent, please contact Nuvalent at 857-357-7000. Thank you.